Mariners Analysis

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

The Rocket gets grounded

As a fan who thinks Roger Clemens is almost certainly the best pitcher I'll see in my lifetime, but also thinks he is a colossal jerk...

What a grand stage- playing in front of all his fellow Texans, kids all over the place whose names start with K, the flag waving, his good buddy Piazza behind the plate... and he gets SHELLED!

Yeah, this is what makes the All Star game fun.

For the record, I'm a huge fan of making the games matter. I was getting turned off watching the players perform group hugs in the outfield with their pals and bringing their kids in the dugout. If you thought it was better before the decision to decide who gets home field advantage, well your crazy.

In fact, you are an idiot of the worst kind, a complete imbecile. You know nothing about baseball, and drive in front of me on the highway just to annoy me.

I'm just kidding, but I applaud Selig for making the change. I thought they should have done it when Safeco had the All Star game, we were just a couple of years too late. (However, I am in favor of a clause that says if the AL wins, then the Yanks have to start Jeff Weaver for all home games should they make the series.)

So it's hard for me to cheer for the AL knowing it will probably benefit the Yankees, but that's okay. I'm just hoping the Red Sox land Randy Johnson, and George is told by the M's front office, not to worry, because of his bad back and all...

God I wished Albert Pujols played for the M's... back to the game.