Mariners Analysis

Friday, August 12, 2005

Thank goodness it's Friday

Just a few random thoughts:

- The Eagles need to just cut T.O. immediately. He is not worth the trouble, and in a perfect world we would never hear from him again.

- Raffy should just retire. How many teams will sign a 40 year old next year anyway? Just give it a rest. And fans who cheer for him are beyond stupid. Baseball players who lie and hide behind lawyers don't deserve your cheers.

- Mike Cameron, I wish you a speedy recovery. I couldn't watch the collision on ESPN, even though they showed it every 5 minutes, because it was just too disturbing. I looked away every time.

- Doyle, I will feel sick inside if you have really torn your ACL. If you have, I'll never count on you as a contributor again. You just get hurt too easily.

- Is there a single Mariner besides Felix who has over-performed this season based on expectations? Morse did for a while, but has fallen down to earth again. Otherwise, right now when Felix doesn't pitch, who gets us excited? It's hard to sit through an entire game, and I don't love these guys (for the most part).

- ESPN.com's baseball coverage is basically worthless. Other than scores, is there a reason to even visit that site anymore?

- I think the PI and Times beat writers are tired and have given up on the season as well. The writing in both is uninspiring and short on data. How about a real in-depth interview with or about Felix? With facts about his slider (can he use it, when etc...). The coverage is worse than usual, which I didn't think was possible. If I were the sports editor I could find plenty to keep these guys busy.

- I have a bad feeling Soriano will be a shell of his former self. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect it won't be the same watching him pitch.

Have a good weekend, and let's all agree to watch at least some baseball...