Mariners Analysis

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Pujols and the Cards...

Quick thoughts on last nights game.

First, would it kill the Cards to get excited? While I don't expect them to celebrate like they just won the series, how about a little joy at least. A play like last night can turn the momentum completely, but you diffuse the effect if you pretend you are so business-like. It's yet another reason for me to root against Tony and his team.

Second, I have long questioned in my mind if Pujols is really 25. Seeing him yet again, he seems to get older exponentially. I wouldn't be surprised if the next time I see him, he's completely bald and sports a grey goatee. By next year, he's posing with his grandkids...

Common sense says the two best teams during the season were the Cards and the White Sox. Both teams were the most consistent in their leagues during the season, and deserve to make it to the WS.

We'll see if Houston will allow that to happen.