Mariners Analysis

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Bavasi comes around

Everett gone, Snelling up. I had indicated earlier I thought Carl would be gone by the end of this month, and it is now official- link

This move makes so much so sense for so many reasons, pretty much every Mariner fan has been screaming for this to happen for the past few months. While it is too bad it took so long, we'll take it regardless.

It will be interesting to see how Chris does in the majors. He has been in a bit of a slump the past month, and we all know about his health. What are the odds he makes it thru the rest of the season healthy? Maybe 50/50 he avoids the DL this year? (Who knows?)

Let's hope the reason Chris has been playing so bad is simply boredom, or frustration at not getting called up. That seems somewhat unlikely to me, but then again seeing Greg Dobbs called up before me would depress anyone.

As if Adam Jones wasn't enough of a reason to watch, now Snelling.

Now we just need to see what the next move will be. I can assure you, this team has a trade already in the works, and it will be made before the deadline.

Good luck Chris.

I hope you don't need it.