Mariners Analysis

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ok, they passed!

I said before the organization would have to be crazy to try and pitch Weaver tonight, and with the official news Feierabend is joining the club, we can all breathe easy. They sometimes do stupid things, but pitching Weaver tonight is fortunately not one of them.

As for the teams recent success, I'm simply ecstatic. So this is what winning feels like! (let's face it, it's been way too long...) I thought the team would be happy with simply winning both series in KC and Tampa, and then hope to stay competitive in Anaheim. With the win last night against Colon, they are clearly exceeding my expectations and I couldn't be more happy.

The number one thing I want to see tonight is Feierabend to pitch well. I would love to watch the M's stay competitive all season, and I don't see that happening with Weaver or Ramirez in the rotation. I've been saying that all season long, and I hope I don't see either one start a game again this year. That alone makes the team better, and helps the team compete with Anaheim and the inevitable Oakland streak in the second half.

It would really force this teams management process to have Baek and Feierabend pitch so well they have to make hard decisions on removing them from the roster. The lesson of not being afraid to use pitchers in your organization as 4th and 5th starters is HUGE.

Let's hope Feierabend pitches well, and let's hope we the M's management learns something in the process.

Go M's!