Mariners Analysis

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Raul Ibanez elected to Hall of Fame

After tonights incredible performance, including a wind-aided opposite field shot that cleared the fence by almost 6 inches, Raul was granted automatic entry to the HOF.

From Bud Selig-
"The rules are pretty clear. Based on a game like we say tonight, there's little reason to delay the inevitable. He's in the Hall."

McLaren was absolutely giddy in the locker room afterward-
"I've got him penciled in to every lineup card this year. I can't wait to get back to the hotel so I can start on 2008!"

Bill Bavasi-
"Normally I don't comment on these matters, but it's an open secret were are looking to extend Raul through 2015."

While it's too early to be made official, I can only assume the next steps will include Adam Jones retiring. With Raul on a pace to smash Bonds all time HR record based on tonights game, and Guillen poised to sign a monster extension, it's clear he has no career path in baseball. Expect a graceful exit by the classy rookie.

Jones after the game-
"I knew he (Raul) was good, but I had no idea he was this good."

More to come, but I'm on hold trying to buy Mariner playoff tickets...